Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday at last!

You remember that thing I used to do?

You know, the thing I did all the time.

That thing? That thing I haven't photographed in about a million years? Yeah, well, I finally started to feel guilty. As a consequence...

wip wednesday

Okay, I'm just going to preface this by saying- it's all of two inches. Two horribly slow, painful inches. As usual, gauge is my enemy, as is reading directions.

IMG_2483

What's that you ask? Why, it's the beginning of a mitten! When I first added Bella's Mittens to my queue forever ago, I had every intention of knitting the ASAP. When a few months later, a friend of mine gave me a skein of hot pink red heart super saver as a gift, I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. Fast forward at least a year and I've finally cast on as part of my 12 in 2012 list. I am so ridiculously excited for the rest of that list, I'm just hoping that I can speed through these mittens.

So far, after restarting about ten times so far, that's not looking like it's going to happen. I'm point blank refusing to restart for the eleventh time, despite the fact that I wanted to add an extra cable repeat to the arms to make them super long, so I'm going to have to fudge that somewhere. Whatever. I've got skinny arms. It's all good.

...I hope.

0 comments: