Friday, October 5, 2012

Detention: Swirly Hat for Dad!


finished object friday

Eek! I'm afraid I've been rather, well, lax with my blogging lately! Classes and work have been utterly exhausting lately, I just plain have been busy! But, here's a FO from (eek!) a month ago.

Swirl Hat



As I mentioned before, I joined the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup as part of the Gryffindor team. As part of my detention, I finally finished a hat I had started long before that. It had gone through some serious frogging and reknitting before that, but it all turned out well.

Swirl Hat
The pattern was Swirly Hat, and I think it looks rather fabulous. The only changes I did was to knit a longer brim, and to only cast on 100 stitches. I used my absolute favorite yarn ever- Manos del Uruguay Maxima. It was so deliciously soft, I kept petting it. Because I made it for my father for Christmas, I'm really hoping that he enjoys it as much as I do. I specifically picked out the color because I think it'll look fabulous with his eyes, which will make my mom happy. He's yet to ever receive a knitted gift from me, so hopefully he'll like this one!

0 comments: