Thursday, December 16, 2010

Frankenstein Mittens

Man. I really failed at keeping up with this. Well, I blame exams. My last exam is Friday at 8AM, and I need to study my butt off for it. Which will happen, since it's the only thing I have planned for tomorrow.

In the meantime, I decided that I'm going to start keeping my entries a lot shorter, that way it'll be easier to churn out. I decided to play with my camera for a second before I went to bed, and was a little disappointed with the results. Well, it serves me right for trying to take photos at 2AM. I'm going to have to actually start making an effort to take pictures during the day, in natural light. Or something. Clearly I know nothing about photography.

IMG_0935

These are my Frankenstein's Herringbone Mittens. Let's just say thought they were awesome- and addicting. I've mentioned these before on a previous entry, so I don't have too much to say. I've been wearing these almost every day this week, they're that warm.

IMG_0946

Of course, I couldn't manage to make these perfect. I messed up on the chart in the end so one of the mittens has this pattern at the tip. I can't say I mind- it gives it character. Plus I didn't notice until I had already finished the mitten and wove in the ends. In any case, it doesn't bother me.

And now, I think it's time I go to bed. What clued me in was the fact that I'm listening to "Hooked on a Feeling" by BJ Thomas. Further proof I'm hopelessly addicted to infomercials. I religiously wrote down all of the songs I love from a Timelife Country Music Selection (or something of that nature) infomercial a few weeks ago and I bought a few songs off that list. I have terrible taste :)

I think tomorrow I'm going to make a list of entries I want to make to this blog, and then slowly work through them, focusing on one project at a time. Hopefully that'll make writing and taking photos less overwhelming.

0 comments: