Monday, April 18, 2011

Just a Quick Project

A few days ago I knit the Peyote Pincushion. This was such a super quick project it almost merits no comment.


When I first learned to knit, I wasn't nearly as obsessed as I am now. For one thing, it took me about a year to learn how to purl. It took my friend Veronica showing me ravelry before I finally stopped knitting (terrible) garter stitch scarves. Because of that long lull in learning, I knit a lot of garter stitch scarves.

And by a lot, I mean a lot.

Peyote Pincushion


The yarn for this project was frogged from one of those scarves. I think it's a Bernat Satin Solid, though don't quote me on that. Other than knowing it came from Michael's and is thinner than worsted weight, I don't really know much about this yarn.

I knit this in the round, rather than seaming because, well, I hate seaming with a passion. For whatever reason, I can't figure out mattress stitch. I'm not sure what I do wrong, but there's always at least one section that, well, isn't pretty. I also only knit on one button because I didn't have another one like this one. I just sewed the button to the bottom of the pincushion.

This turned out quite a bit smaller than I thought it would- it's roughly the size of a clementine. Some of the pins stick through at the bottom if you're not careful. I intend to knit quite a few more, though probably with a larger weight of yarn.

This blog post is brought to you due to the fact that I, the queen of clear thinking, got on the bus at the wrong time this morning and was an hour early to my Friday class. I fully intend to annoy my SO into buying me a Starbucks when he gets out of his class. Nom nom nom.

0 comments: