Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vinterblomster Redux

Whoops! You know that thing? Where I said I was going to blog every other day? Yeah that went to hell in a handbasket recently. I could give excuses, but I'm not even going to get into that right now.

I will say what I've been doing since my last blog post- a fat lot of nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true. I've been making very bad decisions about food, including a disasterous home-made pudding that I should have left well enough alone while it was cooling and instead I have a grainy mess. I haven't been knitting either, to add more shame to this confession. I've so brain dead lately that all I've been wanting to do is go to bed and sleep for the next hundred years. So I don't have much to update, other than I'm slowly trucking away on my Mara shawl, and one other thing.

Do you remember those mittens I've been complaining about for the past, I don't know, four months? Yeah, THOSE mittens. Those gorgeous colorwork flowery cuteness of mittens?

Vinterblomster mitten

Well I finally finished the first one. I didn't weave in the ends. I didn't do the thumb in pattern. I kind of pretended to block it, mostly to allievate my fears taht all those darn wrinkles would go away. I even managed to cast on the second mitten! Granted, I'm not even at the real cuff yet, but it's more progress than I've made in several months. I'm not even going to dwell on it. Instead, I'm going to continue enjoying my strawberry limeade, knitting on this second godforsaken mitten, and pretend I don't need to go to the library to work on accounting homework that I'm hopelessly behind on.

Maybe I'll even get frisky and put on some Doctor Who. You never know.

0 comments: