Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Weekend of Giraffes...

That was essentially my entire last weekend. I finally decided that no, three were enough considering I don't have a clue what I want to do with them. I'll probably give one of them to my sister, but still.

IMG_1510

Along with baking those cupcakes, I knit these while listening to Heat Wave, by Richard Castle. I think I would have enjoyed the book considerably more if I hadn't disliked the narrator so much. I have a feeling the book invoked a lot of silliness that the narrator simply couldn't portray, although he did a great job of making me feel like I was in the middle of an old mystery movie.

IMG_1507

This weekend, I pretty much spent the entire time knitting, listening to audiobooks, and watching the Mentalist. I know, I live such a thrilling life. I've been listening to the Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones. I *adored* these books growing up, and I'm onto one I never read as a kid: Conrad's Fate. I'm only a few chapters in, but I think I need to relisten to the last one because I was rather distracted.

Monkey is in New Jersey with two of his sisters, his brother in law, his mom, and his step-dad. I think he get's back to Texas next Monday, which feels like an eternity away. Even then, I don't know if he'll even be able to come up and visit. I hope so. I have grand plans to whisk him away on a date night to get coffee and frozen yogurt. I've been craving both. And I've been thinking a lot about when we went on our first (non)date. I think I'll definitely have to get into that more in another post.

Well, I'm off to listen and knit! I'm on the feather and fan border of my Multnomah shawl, and it's a pain in the butt so far. Hopefully I'll get the knack of it soon enough.

0 comments: