Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lime, Rum, and Mint

cupcake saturday

Yet another alcoholic cupcake for Monkey' birthday! I picked a rather easy theme. Thee cupcakes are Mojito flavored cupcakes, and gave me all sorts of worry while making them. They involved some funky flavors for a cupcake, and made me wonder how well they were going to turn out.

IMG_2785

Oooh blurry photo. My bad, I'm sorry.

Despite the photos and my apprehension, these cupcakes were not only delicious, but absolutely gorgeous as well. It was definitely a differenttasting cupcake, but really, really yummy. I wound up having to add 4 cups of powdered sugar to get the consistency I wanted, but it wasn't too sugary sweet.

IMG_2752

A few years ago, Monkey and I went on vacation with one of his sisters and her husband. The whole time, they were sipping on Mojitos- they even made a few virgin ones for Monkey and I. Not quite my cup of tea, but the cupcakes? Yum yum.

0 comments: