Friday, January 13, 2012

Deep Creek: Deep Dissatisfaction

finished object friday

Oh look, I'm on a roll! Two fridays in a row.

Okay, that was totally facetious. I took the photos at the same time and wrote the posts right after another. Let's just pretend I'm actually on top of things though, why don't we?

IMG_2461

I knit a Deep Creek cowl to match my mom's Tread mittens for her birthday. I had the same problems with the yarn on this as well, as well as the added trouble of terrible stitch definition. Lesson learned. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran = bad.

I'm so not happy with the finished product on this one. The pattern was simple enough to understand (you know, once I actually read it. Apparently I made it to college without ever learning how to read), and went reasonably quickly. I only cast on 80 stitches to make a tighter fitting cowl because I had a thinner weight yarn than the pattern called for.

IMG_2480

I'm just unsatisfied, I suppose. Hopefully mom will like it (because I certainly don't!).

0 comments: