Thursday, January 12, 2012

How to Knit a Love Song

book review thursday


book review thursday If you're of the fibery persuasion and you love romance novels, drop everything right now and buy How to Knit a Love Song by Rachael Herron. Is it Great Literature TM? No. Is it a great, fluffy read? Yes.

I could not wait to finish this book- it was a perfect balance between that and studying for my impending GMAT.

Abigail, the frightened knitter, who came to a recently inherited cottage encounters hostilities at every corner from Cade, the handsome cowboy who inherited the property surrounding Abigail's new safe-haven. While there were cliches and overused phrases (I think Abigail might have needed an inhaler for all of the gasping she did), I utterly fell in love with the characters. It was absolutely perfect get away from reality, and hit the syrupy sweet romance spot just right. I can't wait to read the rest of Rachael's books, I can definitely see some vacations from reality in my future.

Two thumbs up from me!

(5/5 stars)

0 comments: