Thursday, August 2, 2012

Killer Pancakes

book review thursday



book review thursday
Again, another book that I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about. I'm not sure if it's because I'm ready to move on from the genre, or if it was the book itself, but Killer Pancakes by Dianne Mott Davidson failed to grab my attention.

There was nothing in particular I could point out about why I never really was fully invested. Maybe that was part of the problem: it was so bland. It wasn't good, wasn't bad, just... bland.

It wasn't memorable either- I'm writing this a few days after I finished it and I'm struggling to come up with the plot. Beauty Counter drama! The lack of Marla, and emphasis on Goldie's appearance made the book lackluster.

I have one more cozy mystery checked out from the library, and three non-cozy mysteries as well. Hopefully that break will be enough to give me back my enthusiasm!

(Also: shortest review ever.)


(2/5 stars)

0 comments: