Saturday, August 11, 2012

The first gold medal

finished object friday

It's time for a finished object- and my Ravellenic glory!

IMG_3300

I finished my brompton after only about four days in a row in which I was utterly convinced that I was going to be done that day. Darn those button band and sleeves!

Just kidding. The entire project was absolutely lovely to knit, and I sped through it consequentially. The yarn was super soft, and it had decent stitch definition, and is a great neutral color. I can see myself wearing this over and over again.

IMG_3305

Unfortunately, so could my mom. I had to literally wrestle it away from her. She was quite content  to wear it for all of eternity. And this is the woman who is never, ever, ever cold!

The pattern was really pretty, though there were some parts that I found incredibly confusing. I actually wound up ignoring the instructions for the sleeves and just picked up six stitches when I got to them because I just couldn't wrap my brain around what she was saying. It turned out lovely anyway, with no holes in the armpits.

IMG_3301

I did do one modification- I didn't knit the cuffs flat. I knit half of one, decided I just didn't have it in me, and instead just switched to my size twos and knit in the round with no  increases. I made a button hole in the begining of the last repeat, finished both sleeves and weaved in  all the ends and sewed on all the buttons... and realized that the button holes are on the same side. So instead of them both being on the outside of my wrist, one is on the inside and one is on the outside.

BUT, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

IMG_3303

I can't decide whether I like the sleeves unrolled or cuffed better! Either way, I can't seem to keep this sweater off me, even though it's approximately 111 degrees out. I just can't get over the fact that I knit an entire sweater in a week and a half. Seriously. I am a  true knitting athlete.

0 comments: