Friday, August 17, 2012

The eventual bootees

finished object friday

Keeping with the theme of the results from the Ravellenic games, I submit to you my second medal winning FO!

I bought a bag of Cascade's Pima Tencel approximately a year and half ago, if not  more. I had originally intended to use up all those deliciously soft skeins in a sweater, but post February Lady, I still had more than a few skeins left. So I knit a mini February Lady, but I still had skeins leftover. Bootees would fix that lingering problem, right?

IMG_3307

Fast forward over a year later. I still hadn't made those bootees. Talk about a challenge! That's what prompted me to throw these in for the competition: I just could not motivate myself to knit them!

I'm not sure what was stalling me out. When I eventually knit them, I discovered that the Saartje's Bootees weren't hard to knit. The pattern just flew by,  and it was  so interesting in terms of construction. I managed to finish them during two of my sister's volleyball lessons, earning quite a few stares from some of the kids there. I really do love this pattern and all of the different variations that people have made.

Unfortunately my intentions toward destashing didn't go so well; I still have quite a few more skeins of this yarn left over. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest! There's a definite limit as to what babies can wear!

0 comments: