Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Eyre Affair

book review thursday



book review thursday
I hate to use the word unique, because honestly, it seems like that word has become over-used, but I'm at a loss for another appropriate word to describe The Eyre Affair. After some serious searching on GoodReads, I stumbled across the title and was delighted to see that it was available at my local library. Not as an audiobook, unfortunately (I'm beginning to suspect that one of my first indulgences post-graduation and steady employment will be an Audible account), but a paper copy.

As I've mentioned countless times before, once I started up knitting, I've been seriously disinclined to reading paper copies of books. E-Books are slightly more likely to be read, but for the most part, I stick to the audio version. It's just easier. Luckily, the library copy of the book was both hardcover an well read, so it lay flat on the table and I could happily knit away as I read it.

The spine was well used for a reason- the book was just what I was looking for! Jasper Ffore managed to weave a story incorporating some of my favorite literary themes. A dystopia/evil government, a plucky heroine, parallel universes, fabulous books, and a decent mystery. I absolutely adored it, and can't wait to read it again and again. In fact, I fully intend to rush to the library upon opening hour.

(5/5 stars)

0 comments: