Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer of UFOs: Part II

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm going to rock my WIPS like a hurricane this summer. I have three months to completely clean off my needles and I'm definitely going to do it. I've already made good progress on my first project, but I have plenty more where that came from.

IMG_2793

Since I will have presumably already have the seaming practice, next on my list is my beatnik sweater. I don't intend to leave it until after I finish those other projects, however. I've been, and will continue, working on it while listening to audiobook and podcasts, as it seems like a waste to use my autopilot knitting for those times. I'd rather work on my shifting sands when I'm doing something that requires sight, as projects like that I choose specifically because they can easily be done by touch. My beatnik, I've found, is absolutely perfect for when I'm listening to something lighthearted that doesn't require intense concentration. I just want to wait to seam it all together until after I get some practice.

Also, that's not an old photo. After a bajillion years, I've finally started on the front. Thankfully.

IMG_2846

This is, unfortunately, another project I started last summer and almost completed. It's a Death Eater illusion knitting scarf and has become the bane of my existence. I originally knit this for Monkey for the opening night of the last Harry Potter movie, and came like ten rows away from finishing it. The edges curl something fierce, even after I attempted to kill the acrylic. I have no idea what row I left off on, because Monkey kept leaving it at his mom's house so I couldn't finish when I actually remembered where I was in the pattern. At this point, I kind of want to chunk it in the bin, because it's incredibly difficult to see the death eater anyways. But I won't because it's his scarf and he says he'll wear it.

And it is only ten rows.

IMG_2854

Last but not least is my hexipuff blanket. Ack! This has been shoved to the side so many times, it's depressing. It's still absolutely perfect autopilot knitting, and I suspect that after I finish my shifting sands, the hexipuffs will creep back into my hands. I'm almost at the point where I want to start adding the cute duplicate stitched pictures on the center puffs. Not quite though! I'm probably actually most excited to re-start on this project, most likely because I never actually wanted to stop. Guilt that I wasn't working with my stash was the only reason I set it down!



0 comments: