Friday, September 7, 2012

bippity-boppity-boo

finished object friday

Because apparently I'm baby-crazy, I made more baby clothes during the Ravellenic games. I know anyone who is reading this, myself included is sick of hearing about the Ravellenics (which reminds me of calisthenics, which I suppose makes sense- knitting is a rhythmic activity).
and I have no idea what that even is), but I have one last project to go until I'm done talking about what I finished during them.

Before the games started, I finished this adorable pumpkin baby hat. Unfortunately, my camera decided to go crazy with the colors. I apologize if it makes anyone's eyes bleed.

IMG_3140

Cute, right? Let's just hope I eventually meet a baby born in October or November.  Of course, I couldn't just leave it alone. I just had to make the bootees. That mandate was mostly because I still had more of the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and I just wanted it out of my stash.

IMG_3316

So I whipped up another pair of Saartje's Bootees, this time with ortsandaughts' mods. It took me a while to understand her directions, but after a few times of ripping out, I finally figured it out.

I kind of want to knit these in my size. I can't get over how cute they are. This picture doesn't do them near enough justice, though the colors are a lot more closer to life than the one of the hat.

Now I have that Cinderella song stuck in my head. I might have to drag that movie out and watch it tonight. Now all I need to do is make a reversible carriage/pumpkin toy and I'll complete the set.

0 comments: