Monday, September 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with Pretzel Crust

make something monday

Wait, I'm actually writing about something that isn't knitting or cupcakes?! Shocking!

IMG_3176

As delicious as cupcakes are, sometimes I want to branch out of the cake world. A few months ago, I decided what I really wanted was some chocolate chip cookies.

I hate baking cookies though. With all the scooping and waiting to cool and wire racks, it takes forever. So I went trolling through recipes and found a suitable substitute- chocolate chip cookie bars with a pretzel crust. Can you say "yum"?

Except, they weren't. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad. The crust just didn't stick to the cookie,  and there was too much chocolate for my taste. Everyone else loved them. I wound up surrepticiously scraping all of the pretzel  crust off and gleefully eating it in the pantry. I think if I made it again, I'd actually reverse the order- I'd pop the crust on top so it had a better chance of staying on.

Actually, scratch that, I might as well just give it up and make the actual cookies.

To recap: not a bad recipe. They were suitably delicious, but not holy cow amazing. I'd recommend making them at least once!

0 comments: