Friday, February 24, 2012

Along the Shore

finished object friday

This project was in my queue for such a long time, it's rather pathetic. The first time I saw the Cable Braided Necklace, I fell in love. I haven't come across to many knit jewelry patterns, so this one caught my eye right off the bat. I also loved the construction- I couldn't figure out how on earth it was knit until I actually read the instructions.

IMG_2686

This project was so simple. Seriously, you knit two strands with random eyelets and that's about it. The most complicated part was seaming it at the end, and really, you can't get much better than that. I churned this out during Puppy Bowl, that's how quick it is.

IMG_2688

I knit it up in a beautiful colorway of Mini Mochi, and it hardly took any yarn. Now I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of the skein, as it hardly made a dent. I knit 18 repeats, and it turned out rather larger than I had hoped. If I make it again (I have a feeling I will- what a great use of leftover yarn!), I'll probably only knit 14, to make it closer to flush at my neck. As it is, it has a tendency to turn on the side, rather than lie flat. I still absolutely adore it. The colors are fabulous- it remind me of walking along the beach at dusk. The yarn is deliciously soft, but very prone to breakage. It does not frog well at all. I think it would be lovely in a shawl, but I would be hesitant to use it in any garment, as it is so delicate.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this project! I've worn it more than a few times already.

0 comments: