Sunday, February 19, 2012

Monsterlicious

start something sunday

I'm sure my whining about the horribly ugly, orange-ishly variegated yarn I have in my stash is far from anyone's memory. There's no need to remind you of just how annoyed I am at not being able to find a proper project for it. This weekend, I finally had enough of it. It had been staring at me for far too long in my pile of nice fiber. I'm telling you, that yarn is absolutely evil. And what is the best thing to do with evil yarn? Why turn it into a loveable monster of course!

I yanked out my copy of The Big Book of Knitted Monsters and promptly cast on for a monster. And then another. And then another. Good god, will this yarn ever end? I think I should be able to finish off the third monster and not have leftovers.

Unfortunately, even in monster form, the yarn is still as ugly as ever. Rather than be content to have some deeply terrifying monsters hiding in my closet, I decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at overdying. After consulting the What a Kool Way to Dye group on Ravelry, I determined the consensus was that any color would be an improvement. Tomorrow, when I hit the grocery store purple, green, and red kool aid will somehow find its way into my cart and these unstuffed monsters will be getting a bit of a bath.

IMG_2727

Baldwin, I assure you, cannot wait.

0 comments: