Friday, February 3, 2012

Can Someone Please Explain to Me...

How these are the same colorway:

IMG_2680

On the left, you can see the hideous clowbarf that became my Improv Cowl. Yes, I still have over a skein and a half left of that ungodly color. Right now, I'm trying to decide on striped mittens, a Rebecca Danger Monster, or just chucking the whole thing in with some kool aid and hoping that it will overdye to something not vomit worthy.

The skein on the right? The same damned colorway. You would have thought that I would have learned my lesson after skein after skein of difficult variegated Manos del Uruguay. Did I? Nope. About six months after I purchased the skein from hell, apparently I went into an entirely different yarn store and bought the same exact colorway. On the plus side, it's entirely different. It looks fabulous in the pattern I chose for it, and is being entirely less troublesome than the other skeins. The downside? Uh. I may have only bought half of the yarn I needed. So now, almost a year later, I'm going to have to try to match colors.

Sometimes, I wonder how I haven't come up on the Darwin Awards yet...

0 comments: