Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Long time, no update?

I didn't intend to abandon the blog, I promise! It just kind of fell to the wayside. A lot of knitting has been happening on the home front and I'm not too keen on delving into it all right now. So I'm just going to hit a few points.

I've been listening to back episodes of the Stash & Burn podcast and I've got to say. It's really been inspiring me to work down my stash. While I know I definitely don't have the world's largest stash, it is big enough that it can use some pruning. It's more of a potential UFO problem than a potential stash problem. So, this inspiration coupled with the KnitCents podcast's No Stash challenge has made me decide: no new yarn in March.

I'm also going to try to see how long I can go past March without spending any money on yarn. I do have two giftcards from the SO that I can spend on yarn, and I'm not going to count those potential purchases since they aren't actually spending my money.

So here it is. The big, scary stash. (Not really).

the stash

The bottom right corner is scraps and cotton that are going towards various toys.

The bottom left corner is yarn that I have a specific project in mind for and just need to cast on.

The little row above that is yarn for projects that are on the needles (a baby blanket, a Martian Man-Hunter for my SO's birthday, and strangling vine scarf).

The top middle section is yarn I don't necessarily have a specific project in mind for.

Next to that is two cones and two bags of kitchen cotton that will go into washcloths, bags, and toys most likely.

In other news, I've been chugging away at my Mochi Striped Scarf since yesterday. I'm incredibly close to finishing and absolutely loving it. Once I actually finish, I'll write more in detail about it.

mochi stripe

0 comments: