Tuesday, March 22, 2011

School is in Session

After an entirely too short vacation, I'm back in classes. I'm not quite thrilled about it, although I am glad to be back in my apartment and with all of my knitting supplies.

The No Fiber Diet is going fabulously. I have yet to buy any yarn, and yet I'm slowly using up my stash. I'm about halfway through with the Strangling Vine Lace Scarf, and it's been promoted to my primary project. I finished the Super Secret J'onn J'onzz, and it is currently being loved on by my SO. It was definitely a success. If I can wrestle it away from him, I'll take some photos.

I thought I was going to be doing some serious knitting over the break. I had brought home my box of scraps, a bag and a cone of cotton yarn, and four UFOs. Other than rushing to finish the J'onn for the boyfriend, I really didn't get too terribly much done.

March Madness was a bust. I wound up ripping out my Vinterblomster mitten to the cuff, and barely got past the thumb in reknitting it. However, I did make more progress on my ripple afghan, though I still don't feel like I'm anywhere near finishing it. Hopefully this weekend Monkey and I will have a giant Buffy marathon (which I want now) and I'll get even more progress done on it.

I do have one positive thing to write about. I made a Star Stitch Hair Tamer for my sister to match her shrug.

Star Stitch Hair Tamer

I'm not... Thrilled with this project. It's wider than I'd like, the ends aren't very neat, and the yarn wasn't my favorite. However, I do think my sister will like it. I still have some yarn left from that ball that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with. In all honesty, it'll probably become some sort of toy.

0 comments: