Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meet the Hamsters Part 1

When I first came to Ravelry, I quickly fell in love with all of the toy patterns. One of the first that I found was Hamsterbeans! It took me quite a while to actually knit these, but once I did, I fell in love. I've probably knit around ten, though I've only kept three for myself. I've named them, and my SO and I pull them out to play with and project our own desires with.

His projections usually involve simulating hanky panky between the hamsters. Go figure.

First, we're going to meet Archibald.

Arcilbald

Archibald was the first hamster I made for myself. He's the father of the family, and a real sweetheart. He cares about everyone and is just the kind of hamster you want to be around. His personality is usually relegated to the plucky sidekick, but don't let that fool you. He's not afraid to squeak his mind, and is ferociously loyal.


Clearly, I need some more outlets for my creativity. Or at least a life. Next thing you know, I'll be turning around and writing "books" about these hamsters like I did when I was a kid.

Stay tuned to meet Regina and Valentina, the women in Archibald's life!

0 comments: