Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bananananana Cupcakes With Strawberry Frosting

cupcake saturday

It's that time again! I'm lucky I'm going home next weekend, I'm really running out of cupcakes to post. Jen's birthday is coming up, so I might go crazy with the baking and cooking!

IMG_2015

These are from a few weeks ago again, but they were definitely worth the mention. I made banana cupcakes with strawberry frosting. Yet again, the frosting was divine. I was really surprised at the natural flavors of it since it actually used strawberry jelly rather than real, fresh strawberries.

The cake portion was good too, although it tasted more like a muffin than a cupcake. I'm still on the quest to find a great banana cupcake recipe, but in terms of strawberry, I definitely think I found a winner. My mom makes a wonderful banana cake every year for my birthday, and I should probably just ask her for that and change it for cupcakes. But that would be going to easy route, right?

0 comments: