Friday, September 23, 2011

Hot Vest in the Summer Timeeeee

finished object friday

I think I'm just going to start every one of my posts from now on as "Hi, my name is Lizz and I'm _____".

Right now, that would be "really absent-minded". I finished, took photos, and even wore this project before I blogged about it.

On the plus side, clearly I really like it.

IMG_2224

This is my Summer Vest made out of Lang Yarns Sol Dégradé. I first got the idea to actually knit this from an absolutely beautiful post on my favorite LYS's blog page. I knit mine shorter than the one pictured- I only used two skeins. This was more due to budgetary restrictions than actual preference, but that's beside the point.

I love it. I think the length is great for my short body. Any longer and I might look like I'm wearing a really tall circus performer's costume.

IMG_2216

The back hits right above where my pants hit, so it's nice and comfortable. It was ridiculously simple to knit, and though I initially worried about the color variation, I really liked it.

I did have to butcher the first skein of yarn so the colors weren't too garish, but it really wasn't too bad.

The yarn was really interesting to knit with. I've never used a yarn like that- it almost felt as though I was knitting with ribbon. The fabric is cool to the touch, and perfect for a summer garment.

0 comments: