Saturday, March 24, 2012

Everything sounds better in Spanish...

cupcake saturday

Are you prepared to salivate? If not, get ready. I've got a Pavlovian trigger for you.

Chocolate cupcakes with a Kahlua buttercream frosting baby.

IMG_2780

I know this isn't the greatest photo in the world. After the absolutely exhausting previous few days I had, I was just too tired to put much effort into taking photos. It doesn't matter anyway- I don't think any photo could do these cupcakes justice.

Amazing is an understatement when it came to the recipe. Ignoring the frosting (since I don't drink, I don't have a frame of reference when it comes to how accurate the taste is), the cake itself was perfect. As I've mentioned numerous times before, I'm just not a chocolate person. I like brownie edges every once in a while, but if you give me a choice, I'll choose almost any other sweet over chocolate any day of the week (and any time of the month). So for me to say this cake was good means it's was pretty darn good. The most shocking part?

It's just a doctored up cake mix. Seriously. The frosting was delicious- but like I said I have no idea how much it tasted Kahlua. Almost every buttercream is amazing in my opinion.

Monkey certainly appreciated these. In a few weeks, I'll be home in time for one of my parents' volleyball parties, and I think the cake recipe is going to make a reappearance. I have a metric ton of leftover frosting in their freezer, so it'll be an interesting array of tastes!

0 comments: