Sunday, March 25, 2012

Maggie's Mitts

start something sunday

IMG_2797

Quite a while ago, I had picked up this yarn at a new LYS. I had bought it with the aim of knitting a pair of fingerless mitts for my sister for Christmas, but after consideration, I decided that the color really wasn't quite her speed and opted for a pair for myself instead, as they match my envy neckwarmer rather well. This was my first crack at this particular line of Malabrigo (Rios), and I was super excited to knit it up. Unfortunately, it didn't fly on my radar again until I realized that this month is Malabrigo March and for once, I could participate.

Yesterday, I happily cast on for a pair of Maggie's Armwarmers and knit away while attending a hockey game with Monkey's sister and brother-in-law (Allen Americans vs the Brahmas). I practiced cabling without a cable needle in between the fights.

I've formed some very strong opinions about this yarn in the meantime, but I'm going to hold off talking about it until I get a chance to finish and wash them.

0 comments: