Friday, August 26, 2011

The hairy bunny

finished object friday

One of my favorite people is my friend Jozy. Jozy absolutely *adores* bunnies. She has a bet bunny (cleverly named "Bunny"). The first piece of jewelry her boyfriend bought her was a bunny necklace. Whenever I'm bored or sad, I search for cute animal pictures, and without fail, the rabbit ones get forwarded to her.

Every time I talk about knitting, or mention that I'm unsure what to make next, she has the same response. "Bunnies"

Why? I have no idea, but the girl is obsessed. I will be genuinely surprised if she doesn't have rabbit-themed wallpaper in her first house.

At any rate, a few months ago, I finally obliged her. This is the result:

IMG_2059

I don't quite remember how on earth I made it. I know I knit it out of this horrible boucle yarn that used to be Monkey's grandmother's. It smelled funny and was scratchy as all hell, so I attempted to wash it and let it soak with conditioner.

If I had half a brain, I wouldn't have used the giant vat of conditioner I picked up from Sam's, thinking it would be okay only to realize it left my hair nasty and I hated the smell. So the yarn really didn't improve upon washing.

Whatever, it's a toy. No biggie. It's not like Jozy's going to be snuggling it, it'll fit in the palm of her hand.

IMG_2056

I must have used size two or five needles (because those are the only sets of DPNS I have for toys), and the yarn was truly horrible to knit with. Plus, it felt like I was knitting hair. Yuck. At any rate, I'll happily pass this atrocity along to Jozy the next time I see her. I'm sure at least she will appreciate it. In the mean time, I need to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with the other eight billion skeins of that nasty yarn.

0 comments: