Monday, August 29, 2011

Super Duper Zucchini Muffins

make something monday

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm a vegetarian. Okay, that wasn't really a secret. Anyone who's been around me eating already knows that. But what you probably don't know is that I'm a vegetarian who doesn't actually like vegetables (or fruit for that matter).

I mean, it's not like I hate all fruits and veggies. I don't actually hate many of them. In fact, if you give me a plate of them, I'll most likely eat them. They're just not my favorite (that's reserved for carbs. Mmmm carbs).

Zucchini is one of those veggies I'm just not a big fan of. I throw it in a few of the dishes I make when I'm at my parents house, but for the most part, I avoid them. So when I opened my fridge and realized my mom had snuck most of her stash of the veggie in my new apartment (thanks Mom). After a long debate (actually, like a five second wonder if I could mail them back to her), I went to searching for something to cook them in. I found these:

IMG_2053

I made Super Duper Zucchini Muffins, and let me tell you, they really were super duper. I skipped the brown sugar and walnuts, and substituted butter for shortening, and they were absolutely divine.

IMG_2052

The only problem? i still have like four zucchini sitting my fridge, staring at me.

0 comments: