Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Stuffed Hot Fudge Cupcakes

cupcake saturday

These photos are old. So, so old. But, whatever, at least this means I'm going to have enough cupcakes photos saved that I don't need to bake for quite some time. That's especially good considering I rarely bake unless I'm at my parent's house. Cook, yes. Bake, no.

Have I mentioned I want to work at an office just so I can be like my mom and bribe everyone into liking me via baked goods?

Seriously.

I probably also shouldn't mention that when I have my own house, I want to to be friends with our neighbors exclusively so I can invite them to dinner parties, impress them with food, and then torture them for hours on end with games such as Pictionary Man, Catchphrase, and Apples to Apples.

IMG_2045

Uh, back to the topic at hand. If you were wondering, these cupcakes were awesome.

No, not awesome. The icing was awesome. The cupcakes were mediocre. In fact, they were so mediocre, I actually didn't even bother using the cupcake recipe when I made it the second time. I just used a generic cake mix (shhhh).

IMG_2044

See? Look how cute I am. I decorated them with mini Reece's cups. These were for my friend Wonju's birthday. Won's family owns a donut shop that makes the most delicious donuts in the entire world. Amazing. Whenever I'm home and feel like being a good big sister, I swing by their shop on the other side of town and pick up some for my sister. Somehow, my attempt at buying three donuts usually turns into six plus a bag of donut holes.

At any rate, every time Wonju comes over, she brings donuts. Lots and lots of donuts. I love it. So for once, I decided to repay the favor and baked Won lots and lots of cupcakes. Delicious cupcakes. Apparently her parents were baffled by the idea that I was fattening them up.

I look forward to doing it again in the future.

IMG_2014

These are my first attempt at the cupcakes. Um, clearly the frosting was suffering from the 1000 degree weather. At any rate, the recipe I used was Peanut Butter Stuffed Hot Fudge Cupcakes. Like I said, I was less than impressed with the hot fudge sauce and the cupcakes themselves, but the frosting was to die for. Our birds (who are freaks for peanut butter and waffles), went crazy when I let them try a teeny bit.

I think the frosting is officially my go to peanut butter frosting!

0 comments: