Friday, June 29, 2012

All Day Lace Ensemble

finished object friday

So, I've basically decided that from now on, I'm going to take at least one photo a week of a previously knit but unphotographed finished object. I've had... issues... lately with taking photos. Not with finishing projects, but just getting over that last hurdle of a photograph, which is just silly. To start off, I took a photo of my All Day Lace Scarf.

IMG_3073

I talked about the original project for this yarn, my Wild Vest a few FO Fridays ago. After the disaster of a project, I still had a skein left, so I whipped up an All Day Lace Beret. Well, whip up is a bit of a misnomer. Rather, frogged and knit and frogged and knit over and over again until I finally got a cute little beret out of it. A cute little beret that didn't match a single thing I own.

So, to fix that little problem, I thought hey! I could just knit a matching scarf. So I did. This scarf was easy peasy. Great autopilot knitting. Also great for commentary from professors. I probably could have made it longer (I still had eons of yarn left from the frogged vest), but at some point, you get tired of knitting yarn overs.

The yarn, NaturallyCaron Spa, unfortunately doesn't like to behave. It curls like no other, and other than being a dainty thing to match with my hat, I don't see much use of this scarf. I do, however, have every intention of knitting matching mittens. I mean, I still can't wear the hat and scarf with my normal clothes, so I might as well complete the outfit. Especially when you consider I still have a basketball size ball of yarn... Yikes.

0 comments: